Monday, July 27, 2020

Broadway Bridge - Wide Angle

The Broadway Bridge is one of twelve bridges across the Willamette River in Portland. I recently got an extra-wide angle lens, the Lumix 8-18 mm (equivalent to 16-36 mm full frame) to go with my micro 4/3 Panasonic Lumix GX85 camera. I thought that the superstructure of the bridge, and views up and down the river, would make suitably dramatic subjects for the lens, and I was not disappointed.

Our condominium building is just a few short blocks from the west end of the bridge, so it's a good walk to that end and then over the bridge (decent sidewalks for walking and biking) to the east side. Views over the railings to the south and north are different and interesting. Occasionally I'll continue walking east for a few blocks after crossing. The east side of Portland is much larger and more populous than the west side, with a more diverse and generally less prosperous population. Some of the most interesting ethnic restaurants are on the east side, but this pandemic time has forced many of them to close. Eventually I hope to spend more time exploring across the river.



















No comments:

Post a Comment